About Me

From North Dakota to Texas
I am simple enough, I love movies. It is what I know, and not to boast, I know a lot. This blog is an experiment to see if I can do more with what I know and love.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Introductions are in order!

I suppose for my first post introductions are in order.

My name is Tyler, I have lived in the Midwest all my life (born in Wisconsin, grew up in Oklahoma, college in North Dakota (English major) and now back to Oklahoma). I worked at a video store for 5 years before they went extinct. And I worked at a larger store (not to be named here) in the movie department for a while after that. So let us just say that I have been watching and talking about movies for years. Hence the moniker, The Midwest Movie Guy. Now, I know there are people out there that might have more insider information. I'm looking at you guy who actually lives in L.A. and has a buddy in "show biz" and gets set visits to what ever horror remake they are doing now. There are people who might get to see movies during test screenings. The fact that I don't live in a large enough city that regularly has those, it is kind of out of the question. So, forget about that. That is not what I plan on talking about.

What I do plan on doing is talking about what I love, movies. What's out. What's coming out. News, reviews, musings, anything that comes to my rather large noggin. This is a place for me to get my talk about movies fix without annoying the hell out of my wife. So, the plan is to do this as daily as possible. However, I make no promises.

So, dear reader (if you even exist) why should you read this? Well, to tell you the truth, I don't know. This is more for me then you. If one of you should read this and enjoy it, wonderful. If not. Well, it is not my problem.

And I will end this post as I intend on ending all my posts with a movie quote. These might be relevant to what I posted or these could be random. This first one I think is sort of both.

"Of course you don't know. You don't know because only I know. If you knew and I didn't know, then you'd be teaching me instead of me teaching you - and for a student to be teaching his teacher is presumptuous and rude. Do I make myself clear?" Mr. Turkentine (the teacher) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment