About Me

From North Dakota to Texas
I am simple enough, I love movies. It is what I know, and not to boast, I know a lot. This blog is an experiment to see if I can do more with what I know and love.

Friday, January 14, 2011

So being Christian in Norway might be a bad idea,,,,

Day: 1

Okay, off to a good start. I am one for one.

Today I wanted to post something that I already have posted before on my Facebook. I bet more people saw it there, but oh well. This is something that I am really excited about. It is a movie from Norway. Being that I am somewhat Norge, I have a soft spot in my heart for this.

It is a movie directed by Andre Overdal. Since I don't really follow Norwegian film, I don't know if he has done a lot more stuff. The only thing IMDB says that he has done is a movie called Future Murder, which sounds a lot like Minority Report. So, this particular movie has been making the genre festival rounds. I hope it gets a decent wide release. However, I have resigned myself to waiting until I can rent or buy it. So without further ado I give you ....

The Troll Hunter.




I know that the whole psudo-documentary (read: shakycam galore) turns a lot of people off. I am usually not a fan, a big screen with that much movement is a bit of an overload. But, it looks like they took their time and thought about the composition of the shots to make it looks the best even in blurry night vision

I think this could be one of the coolest random movies I have ever seen. If it is half as interesting as the trailer makes it look like I will be a happy little viking.

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment